February 2, 2010

Lifesavers: Baby Oxy Clean

Every now and then I come across products that actually do make my life a little easier. There is nothing I have yet found in all my years of doing laundry that is quite like toxic baby poop. If you're a parent, you know what I'm talking about. If you're not a parent and have never had the pleasure of changing this type of diaper, you have not yet experienced the good life, my friend. (Actually, you are quite lucky.) One good blow out, and you don't have their clothing in some kind of cleaning solution right away, that cute little outfit is as good as gone, permanently stained. Here to save the day is Baby Oxy Clean! I just add a little to a sink full of water and soak Julia's clothes in it, and the stains actually magically disappear! Ok, so I have to help it a little by scrubbing the clothes and working the Oxy Clean into the stain, but still. It even gets out day old chocolate ice cream. Now beat that! And my neighbor showed me the COOLEST trick to getting out blood... Hydrogen Peroxide! I never knew that! Put a little on a Q-Tip and rub it into the blood stain... Presto Magic! Martha Stewart would be so proud.

1 comment:

  1. i actually just learned the hydrogen peroxide trick myself recently too...from a patient of mine!

    ReplyDelete