June 16, 2010

My Dad the Daredevil

Honestly, I never thought, ever, that my dad would jump out of a plane. Oh sure, he's been known to do many a crazy thing, like swing from a chandelier, but that was in college..... or so the story goes. But recently he was offered, along with several other South Florida mayors, to go skydiving with the Army Golden Knights. Hey if you're going to do it, you might as well do it with the best. It was for a good cause. Previous to the jump the mayors signed a community covenant supporting the Armed Forces recruiting efforts here in our community. Have to admit I was way jealous.... add it to my bucket list!

Signing the Community Covenant

Olivia loves to drive

Ready to Go!

Does he look scared?

Camera man falls out first

The little parachute slows you to a mere 200 mph, or somthing like that

It's a bird, It's a plane....

Would you look at all that sprawl!

5 comments:

  1. SO cool....on my bucket list too :) Let's do it together one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome. And to think your dad has white hair and I've known him since we were children. (I'm older.) Way to go, Don. Our whole lives can be a great adventure.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw- i responded to your comment on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fabulous. I get an adrenaline rush just looking at the pictures...so I guess I won't have to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete