October 2, 2009

Who's the Cow Now?

So this is my typical day with Julia, who is now two weeks old. Baby cries. Blindly reach for cell phone next to bed to see what time it is. It is 2:00 a.m. Grope in the dark to find baby squirming in the bassinet. Feed her. Burp her. Change her. Feed her some more because when I changed her, she became more awake and realized she was still hungry. Almost an hour later, she goes back to sleep. Since baby has the most efficient internal clock, she wakes to eat every 2.5 hours. And since the feeding and burping cycle takes almost an hour, I really only get about 1.5 hours of sleep between feeds. So there I am, sleeping..... baby cries... blindly reach for cell phone to check time... it is 4:30 a.m.... repeat this exercise all day long.

1 comment:

  1. I know this life well :-)
    -Katie Rothfield, cow for Adria

    ReplyDelete