July 29, 2011

Red Fox is Alive and Well in Coral Gables

When the historic Biltmore Hotel first opened in 1926, guests there were hosted to a variety of activities including synchronized swimming galas, alligator wrestling and weekly fox hunts. The foxes have managed to stick around all this time, and residents who live along the golf courses and the more heavily wooded areas of the Gables can still see some every now and then. We used to see quite a few at my parents house, but had not in some time. So we were all very happy to see this little guy running through the backyard about a month ago.

And here he (she?) is in action.....

8 comments:

  1. I see foxes from Segovia Street to Biltmore in a regular basis.Usually during late night hours or early morning. I am a Big Fan of theses foxes. Seen baby foxes as well,Orlando

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw large fox cross Segovia last night 9:30 pm slipping into the youth center foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw large fox cross Segovia last night 9:30 pm slipping into the youth center foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family and I just saw a red fox near the corner of Madrid and Alhambra. It stood distance but did not seem afraid as we watched it disappear in the alley way between the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw a fox by the fourth hole of the Granada golf course around 9:00pm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a beautiful fox this morning on Palermo. We looked at each other for a while, then it turned, and walked away. Turned around again Look at me cunningly, it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We see foxes at the youth center every so often at night

    ReplyDelete
  8. We see foxes at the youth center every so often at night

    ReplyDelete